Whether it is a tiny balcony or a spacious garden, there is more than one way you can turn your outdoor space into a classy living one. Enjoy the weather with your friends and family. Sit under the stars as you contemplate the meaning of life. The outdoor doesn’t have to be formal or boring, least of all unused. It can be as much a reflection of your taste as the interior of your house.
There are a few things that you must take into consideration before planning your decor. They are –
- Location – Is the space the first thing a guest sees when they walk into your house? Or is it more private?
- Size – All sizes are beautiful as long as you respect them and design according to their strengths. Decor for a smaller space will be different from a place like a large yard.
- Shape – A square space must be arranged differently from a rectangular one, or an L-shaped area.
- Continuity – If your house decor is ethnic, your patio cannot suddenly be giving off Mediterranean vibes. Continuity and conformity are key.
- Goal – It matters whether you want the space to be for conversations with friends and family or just an outdoor picnic venue. The decor will change accordingly.
- Budget – Know your budget and don’t stretch it, or stress over it for being too low. Repurposed vintage furnishings look just as glamorous as newly minted ones.
If you are wondering how you can get your outdoor to look inviting and match up with the rest of your interiors, look no further. Here are some rocking ideas to revamp your outdoor living space:
The Rooftop Lounge
Turn your roof into a lounge. Put in a few dark wooden tables and pair them up with bright-coloured sofa chairs. Use plants for a touch of greenery. You can also turn your railings into bar tops and put in a few stools for that pub feel. Invite friends and family over and have a party on your roof!
The Garden Love-Nest
Create a private space in your garden for a romantic time out. Use wooden stands and curtains and decorate with fresh floral arrangements for that perfect spot to relax with your significant other. It is a low-budget solution to create a beautiful love-nest that will feel like a breath of fresh air amidst the daily struggles of life.
The “Splash of Colours” Veranda
Make your guests feel at home. Use green plants and cosy, colourful cushions to spice up the entrance to your home. A simple seating solution like chairs or even just a plank of wood to create a make-shift bench, when paired with comfortable, vibrant cushions can make your home look magical.
The Outdoor Dining Experience
For many families, dinner is the one time of the day when they get together. Making that experience all the more special can only strengthen their bonds. Turn your backyard into an outdoor dining experience. Put together a long table and a few chairs, light them up with some fairy lights of incandescent bulbs, and lo and behold, you have the perfect family spot.
There is a lot more you can achieve with little to no large investments when it comes to outdoor decor. Use these ideas. Mix them up. The result will be a pleasant surprise. Promise!